Download Dr. Maurer’s CV
Orthopedic and Hand Surgeon Robert J. Maurer, MD is board certified in orthopedic and hand surgery and attended Temple University School of Medicine, completing his orthopedics residency at Temple University hospitals. Dr. Maurer also completed his hand and microvascular fellowship at the Hospital for Special Surgery, the New York Hospital and Memorial Sloan-Kettering Hospital of the Cornell Medical Center in New York. He also completed an upper extremity trauma fellowship in Basel and Bern, Switzerland.
Dr Maurer is board certified in orthopedics and hand surgery and performs complex upper extremity reconstruction of the hand, elbow, and shoulder in children and adults including brachial plexus neurolysis and repair.
Conditions We Treat
After diagnosing a patient’s problem, your surgeon recommends a course of treatment and rehabilitation, or performs surgery, if necessary.
We help patients with:
• Nerve compression syndromes, injuries and repairs
• Tendon conditions, repairs and transfers
• Joint and ligament conditions including arthritis
• Congenital defects
• RSD and complex pain problems
• Repetitive motion injuries and soft tissue problems
• Shoulder reconstruction and rehabilitation
• Brachial plexus conditions including TOS (thoracic outlet syndrome)
• Burn rehabilitation
• Scar management
• Edema management
• All other problems with the hand and upper extremity
• All sports and athletic related conditions of the upper extremities